the legend

joyful rogger fedder

Friday, July 3, 2009

Quotes of the day - 03 July 2009

Photo Titled Serena slam
Serena Williams attacks the net during her semi-final match in the Ladies Doubles.

“Are you ready to get out of here (laughter)?”

With just two days ago until the end of Wimbledon 2009, Serena Williams has clearly had enough of press conferences.

“What would my advice be? I won't be giving them any advice because I'll be heading home tonight.”

Andy, if you are looking for tips about how to contend with Roger Federer, beaten semi-finalist Tommy Haas is probably not the best man to go to.

“Trying to achieve the fifth straight Wimbledon, equaling Borg's record. For some reason that meant the world to me. I was like in a bubble for two weeks, just trying to achieve it.”

We are glad Roger Federer was able to burst that bubble in time to come back and try and win a sixth Wimbledon title.

“I think it's been very good. I did better than I ever had before. I had some very good matches. And, you know, I thought I played good tennis.”

Andy Murray gives a summary of his Wimbledon 2009

“I believe I can win a Grand Slam, whether it's Wimbledon or US Open or Australia or whatever, I'm going to give myself chances.”

And a dose of positivity thrown in for good measure too. See you next year Andy Murray.

“She didn't really know much about tennis, so she thought I was playing real great (laughter). She thought I looked cute in the shorts.”

Andy Roddick gives an insight into wife Brooklyn Decker's world of tennis.

“I've developed a little bit of rapport with the fans. Maybe you guys helping me by asking me a bunch of goofy questions and me giving a bunch of goofy answers.”

Why does Rick Astley come to mind?



No comments:

Post a Comment