the legend

joyful rogger fedder

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Quotes of the day - 2 July 2009

Photo Titled Serena serving
Serena Williams keeps her eye on the ball against Elena Dementieva on Centre Court.

“You know, I wasn't sure if it's Serena or Andy Roddick on the other side, 125 all the time. You know, it was a huge percentage of the first serve.”

Elena Dementieva gets confused during her semi-final defeat to Serena Williams.

“My forehand didn't show up today. I think she went to Hawaii. (Laughter). But I've called and asked her, I should say, to come back for the final. Hopefully she'll be back. But, you know, it's always good to win when one of your stroke's on vacation.”

Serena Williams carelessly allows her forehand to take an untimely break. Lucky that the No.2 seed had her gigantic serve at home to make up for the loss.

“Would I like it to end even? Of course not. Then I wouldn't win. I'm sure she feels the same.”

Seemingly, Serena’s competitive edge decided against jetting off to Hawaii with the forehand in order to stay at home too.

“I'm just making sure you're not trying to be down, because I respect Dinara Safina immensely, and I think you should, too.”

Venus Williams gives one journalist a stern ticking off after it was suggested that her convincing defeat of the world No.1 was ‘embarrassing’ for women’s’ tennis.

“Cranberry sauce. I'm actually a candy addict. That's the closest I can get to, like, sugar, is cranberry sauce and raisins. So those are the two things that when I celebrate, it's with cranberry sauce. It's a little strange, I know. I happen to like it.”

Venus Williams lets slip her Achilles heel. She must have a ball on Christmas Day.

“No, we're not so competitive off the court. She tricks me a lot, but I get hip to her tricks. Like we could be in the store trying something on, and she'll be like, No, that doesn't look good. As soon as I put it down she tries it on, but I got hip to that. So soon there will be another trick that I have to get hip to. So I don't mind. It's so funny.”

Venus Williams proving once and for all that tennis cannot get in the way of sisterly love.


No comments:

Post a Comment